Natalie Jennings is a photographer and the founder of A Face Project, which received a 2013 Minnesota State Arts Board Artist Initiative Grant of $10,000. Natalie discusses how aspiring podcasters can tap into their local community to get funding for their creative projects, where her love for podcasting stems from, and so much more, on this week’s episode!
- 03:50 - Natalie and I met at Podcast Movement.
- 05:40 - What did Natalie think of the talk I gave at Podcast Movement?
- 08:35 - Why did Natalie go to Podcast Movement?
- 10:50 - How does a photographer end up being a podcaster?
- 12:40 - Why does Natalie like Humans of New York?
- 16:15 - How did Natalie structure the format of her show?
- 20:00 - How did Natalie get a grant for her work?
- 28:50 - Natalie discusses the magazine she recently launched, which is an excellent companion to her photography and podcast.
- 35:15 - Natalie always feels slightly weird promoting her stuff.
- 40:35 - When it comes down to production, it’s all about storytelling.
- 46:35 - Where does Natalie’s creativity come from?
- 52:15 - Natalie wants to do this type of creative/podcasting work until the day she dies.
- 54:35 - What’s the most misunderstood thing about Natalie?
- 56:25 - What has Natalie changed her mind about recently?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/natalie-jennings-interview/