Mike Murphy is a one man band and the host of Mike Murphy Unplugged. He is a podcast helper, tutorial maker, and each of his podcast episodes follows a very specific theme or topic. Mike has been podcasting consistently for the last three years, but who is the man behind the mic? Find out on this week’s show!
- 03:15 - Why did Mike decide to podcast about podcasts?
- 04:55 - Mike talks about his recording gear!
- 09:25 - When you become a podcaster, consuming podcasts starts to decrease.
- 14:35 - Why did Mike decide to have a theme for every single one of his episodes?
- 16:40 - Mike knows his topics will begin to repeat soon, and he doesn’t know how he’ll deal with it just yet.
- 18:45 - What kind of feedback has Mike gotten from his listeners?
- 20:55 - Mike sometimes isn’t sure if what he’s saying is really resonating with his audience.
- 23:00 - Mike talks about his love for yoga.
- 27:30 - Mike started small, when it came to his social media presence, but now he has increased his exposure to other platforms, because he wants others to know that he’s out there!
- 29:35 - Instagram has been Mike’s favorite choice so far.
- 31:20 - You have to put yourself out there, especially when it comes to your brand.
- 32:30 - What kinds of activities does Mike do to keep himself ‘sane’ and ‘well-rounded’?
- 38:45 - Will Mike be at any of the podcast conferences this upcoming year?
- 43:20 - Is anybody in Mike’s family surprised about Mike’s podcasting hobby?
- 47:00 - Podcasting is so great, because it shows introverts a new low-pressure way to interact with others.
- 51:50 - What is Podcaster Toolkit about?
- 57:10 - This year Mike has been focusing on trying to simplify things.
Full Show Notes: http://podcastjunkies.com/mike-murphy-interview/