Keith Tomasek is the host of The Inadequate Life and a professor at. He’s a great guy and super fan of the show, having worn the Podcast Junkies t-shirt on Day 1 of his podcasting class. He’s also a masterful interviewer and gives us some great insights in to how make your guest shine! He shares the challenges of living with Crohn’s Disease. A really insightful gem for podcasters.
- 11:15 - Keith’s family history and their t-shirt biz experience
- 13:20 - How did Keith’s podcasting class go?
- 16:00 - My experience teaching a class at General Assembly
- 19:30 - Podcasters’ obsession with landing a sponsor
- 24:00 - How best to position yourself to a sponsor
- 27:35 - Origins of The Inadequate Life podcast
- 29:35 - Tips on getting the most out of your show’s name and author field
- 32:10 - What drove Keith to start a podcast, and his connection to Marc Maron
- 35:00 - How the podcast grew a relationship with Chilina Kennedy
- 37:50 - Keith’s performing background
- 45:10 - How has Keith improved as a host?
- 47:00 - The challenges of consistency
- 53:00 - The moment when Keith got a bit emotional
- 56:10 - A story from his father that really resonated with Keith
- 01:01:05 - What is the most misunderstood thing about Keith
Full Show Notes: http://podcastjunkies.com/keith-tomasek-interview/