Helen Zaltzman has been podcasting for 9 years
and surprisingly enough, says she still feels like a
novice. She co-hosted her first podcast with Olly Mann called
Answer Me This! and followed it up with the very popular, The
Allusionist. That second podcast is a language and etymology
show that is part of Roman Mars’s Radiotopia network. Helen talks
about her love for Boggle, how she got started in comedy, and
much more. Listen for the guest appearance by Martin.
- 05:30 – Helen and I talk about the
internet marketing world.
- 10:05 – Helen talks Boggle
- 14:25 – Despite podcasting for 9
years, Helen still feels like a novice.
- 19:50 – When did Helen realize
that the Answer Me This! podcast was no longer a hobby?
- 22:55 – Do the more experienced
BBC broadcasters look down on new podcasters?
- 27:10 – I’m dying to start a
- 30:00 – We get a guest
“appearance” from Helen’s husband, Martin.
- 30:40 – The Allusionist started in
- 32:10 – Helen talks about Roman
- 35:30 – Where did the idea of The
Allusionist come from?
- 40:25 – Helen believes people put
too much energy in their first podcast.
- 43:15 – Helen doesn’t want to
listen to other language shows, because she doesn’t want to
accidentally plagiarize other’s work.
- 50:40 – Helen likes editing her
- 52:10 – How do you start writing
- 53:20 – Helen talks on how she got
- 59:50 – Helen tried to teach Latin
to a 13-year-old.
- 01:06:25 – What happened to
- 01:11:00 – What would Helen do if
she wasn’t podcasting?
- 01:13:55 – What are the biggest
challenges for growing The Allusionist?
- 01:17:10 – Who inspires
- 01:20:10 – You can follow Helen on
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/54