John Corcoran is an expert in developing powerful networks and talks to Harry about how he was able to succeed with his podcast and more. At 23 years old, he landed a job as a writer for the Clinton administration. He says he was able to do it because he was good at developing strong relationships with the right people. In this John Corcoran interview, John shares some tips with Harry and his audience on how you can be a great asset to your network and gives you a little Easter egg worth of goodies at the end of the show.
- 6:00 – He loves podcasting because you can build a relationship you’re talking to for the podcast, you’re learning, and you get to help others.
- 10:00 – Listening to your own podcast helps educate you and teaches special skills about yourself.
- 16:10 – It’s important to get an experienced podcast-guest on the show, but it is also important to bring on the new guys too so that your audience doesn’t get bored.
- 22:30 – There are people who don’t see the value in reaching out and helping people they’ve just met.
- 25:40 – It’s best to keep on maintaining those relationships and always be on somebody’s mind, so you don’t end up being the guy who just got laid off and reaching out to all your contacts who haven’t heard from you in the past 3-4 years. It just looks bad.
- 27:18 – Have a networking list and have goals to help you in the future.
- 35:15 – As a podcast host, you really want to feel like you’re talking directly to the listener and that’s exactly what the listeners want from you.
- 44:20 – Just let others know what you’re doing and let them know that you want to keep in touch with them. Let them know that they can sign up to your email list so you can be in touch with them.
- 49:00 – John shares quick tips on how you can get a busy, popular person to come on to your show and be interviewed.
- 52:50 – It’s important to keep the real life moments of podcasting in and unedited, because it just sounds better.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/24